It is part of human nature to become tired of repetitions. That is why we need flavor in life, sometimes we prefer to eat spicy food and sometimes we eat plain food. Same is the case with salads. There are times when we are just fed up of the ordinary coleslaw or bean salads. We need variety in our foods. Here is a quick and healthy salad recipe that will brighten your day.
The reason for the unique taste of the salad is the use of apple cider vinegar. We guarantee you that you would not get enough of it.
|Red cabbage (sliced)||5 cups|
|Cauliflower (chopped)||2 cups|
|Lettuce (sliced)||2 cups|
|Apple cider vinegar||3 tbsp|
|Vegetable oil||3 tbsp|
|Mayonnaise||1 ½ tbsp|
|Brown sugar||1 1/2 tsp|
|Dijon mustard||¼ tsp|
|Black pepper||5 grinds|
|Sea salt||1 pinch|
- Take a clean, large bowl. Put cabbage, scallions, apples, carrots, lettuce and cauliflower in the bowl and give them a couple of tosses. Before proceeding make sure the cabbage strands are well tangled in the rest of the fruits and vegetables.
- In another bowl add mayonnaise in it and whisk it slightly so that it smoothens. Now add vegetable oil in the mayonnaise and whisk it again.
- Next, put mustard and sugar in the mayonnaise paste. Mix them well. Add salt and pepper to the mixture and mix them as well.
- Lastly, add apple cider vinegar into the paste and whisk it such that it mixes well and makes the paste more liquidly.
- Pour this apple cider vinegar paste over your tossed vegetables and fruits and give it one final toss.
- Enjoy your salad as a side dish to your meals or as a main dish of your meal.