Not necessarily everyone likes sardines. Unfortunately, there are many who do not hate them, they despise sardines, absolutely despise!!! But here we have prepared an amazingly polarizing recipe for you in which you will love sardines.
We have paired up pickled onion, crisp bread and a few other ingredients with sardines to take your taste buds on a roller coaster ride.
|To Pickle up Onions:|
|Apple cider vinegar||½ cup|
|Sugar (granulated)||½ tsp|
|Red onion (chopped)||1|
|To Make Toasts:|
|Dijon mustard||4 tsp|
To pickle some onion for the recipe:
- Take the onion and peel it. Then cut the onion lengthwise, do not slice it and do not chop it. Once you are done slicing put the slices on a side.
- Take a bowl and pour in apple cider vinegar and water. Stir them together. Then add in the bowl salt and sugar. Give it another stir.
- Transfer the mixture to a saucepan and heat it over medium-high heat. Continue stirring the mixture in order to dissolve all the ingredients. Heat it so much so that the mixture starts to boil. Then turn off the stove or remove the saucepan from the stove.
- While the water is still hot add the sliced onions in it and combine them with the water with stirring. You need to make sure the water is enough to submerge the onions. After you stir in the onions let them sit in the boiling water for 10 to 15 minutes. This will let the onions absorb the flavors from the mixture.
- Strain out the onions and your pickled onions are ready.
To toast the bread for the recipe:
- Take a slice on crispbread and using a spoon spread one teaspoon of Dijon mustard on it.
- Now put a spoonful of sardines onto the slice of bread and gently press them with the back of the spoon to give it a mashed texture.
- Now take a spoonful of pickled onions and spread it evenly over the sardines.
- Serve the pickled sardine toast.